DetailsA girl lost and alone. A nation at war. A hidden enemy circling ... . In Europe during the Middle Ages, Annabelle of Anchony finds herself trapped on an island, hunted by the vicious Demolites, and forced to trust a kindly stranger. As she grows up, sustained only by her Christian faith, she must find her family, her identity, and a path to peace in a kingdom torn by civil strife. But even when she does come home, everything is not as it seems ... .
- Additional Information
Author General Ruth Apollonia illustrations 0 Page Count 0 Type Gifts & Other SKU ANCH Format Paperback Size No Language English Published Aug 1, 2019 ISBN No Ship Date No
Customer Reviews 8 item(s)
- Spirit and Faith Filled
- This is a wonderful story. I would recommend it to any age group from teen to seasoned citizen for it's authentic Catholic elements as well as the adventure and suspense. I found myself uplifted by the spirit and faith of the characters in the face of a malevolent force, especially Annabelle's.
- A Catholic Medieval Princess
- The Catholic Faith is weaved into the story, as natural as your faith is weaved into your daily life, with prayers to the Father, and His answer back. The Sacraments are also weaved naturally into the story, and is not heavy handed preaching. Annabelle, a Catholic Medieval princess, deprived of the Blessed Sacrament on the island weeps with joy when she finally finds herself in His presence. During this time with our churches shut down due to the Coronavirus Pandemic of 2020, we can relate to this hunger for The Holy Eucharist. So it’s an appropriate book to read during your downtime in this isolation. So this Winner of the 2013 Catholic Arts and Letter Awards does indeed build a vibrant Catholic literary culture in her book. I recommend it.
- It was such a great book! From a teenager's point of view, this story was uplifting, positive, and really made me feel inspired!
- I am a young teenager, and reading this book made me feel very uplifted. The story captured my attention, and I made connections with all of the characters! I felt spiritually uplifted, and I was truly grateful for having read this story. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants an engaging, positive and inspiring story to read.
- Wonderful. Just wonderful. Would rate it a 10 on the must read list.
- The book was exceptionally well written and held my interest throughout. How the author incorporated facets of the Catholic faith into an inspiring storyline was remarkable. Each of the characters were well represented in their roles. My friends and I all enjoyed the book. I am recommending it to others and cannot wait to read the second book in the series. Thank you for publishing this incredible book.
- Wonderful Christian Fantasy
- You will quickly become immersed in Annabelle’s adventures. This Christian fantasy is one that displays great faith and courage. Once you start reading it, you will not be able to put it down. I am looking forward to further editions!
- This is a book that is for any age and for men and women.
- This is a book that once you start it, your won't want to put it down. I am not a fast reader, but it did not take me long to read the entire book. It has Christian values in it and not all the violence or sex that is in most books. It keeps you in suspense that you just can't quit reading it because you want to know what is going to happen next. I am waiting for the second book to come out and as soon as it is available I am ordering it.
- superb catholic medieval novel. Clean read
- Wonderful medieval story. No immodesty, very Catholic. Want everyone to read this. Can't wait for you to offer the others in the series.
- Excellent read for fantasy readers with Christian values upheld as you see the struggles of the main character.
- Excellent read and in the style of Christian medieval story. It doesn’t have the graphic sexual or extreme brutal violence that is found in many fantasy stories. It brings Christian values into the minds of the reader of times when one is challenged in life and to seek God always.