Come spend 52 weeks with St. Faustina! Perfect for any time of the year, this collection of weekly meditations and activities by EWTN host Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle, author of The Domestic Church: Room by Room, guides readers on a 52-week spiritual pilgrimage through the life and teachings of the Secretary and Apostle of Divine Mercy, St. Faustina Kowalska (1905-1938). Writing in her usual loving, thoughtful style, Donna-Marie offers readers a light-filled retreat, helping them welcome the grace and power of St. Faustina's spiritual path of mercy and trust into their lives. Drawing deeply upon the wealth of spiritual insight and truth in the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska: Divine Mercy in My Soul, Donna-Marie shares with the reader the fruits of her own discipleship at the feet of St. Faustina and other great saints of mercy, such as St. John Paul II and St. Mother Teresa of Calcutta. Rich, beautiful, inspiring, this book will help bring light into your life, and prepare you to share that light with others, as well!
- Additional Information
Author General Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle illustrations 0 Page Count 390 Type Gifts & Other SKU WEEKS Format Paperback Size No Language English Published Jan 1, 2019 ISBN 9781596144880 Ship Date No
Customer Reviews 20 item(s)
- Life-changing, day by day
- A well researched, inspiring devotional. Although you can read this straight through, I’d advise taking it one week at a time as intended. It’s a beautiful layering of God’s truth and direction with the daily prayer each week changing to keep focused on intentions. Each week there’s a challenge to live out our Christian lives more fully by charitable works etc. I love the soothing approach to trusting God with our every need. When I read this I can hear Donna’s soft voice in my head, as if she were standing beside me. Thankfully, I’ve been able to meet her at MCCW retreats/conferences in the past. I appreciate the depth of research she’s put into this masterpiece, but her heart is truly in it as well.
- Nurturing a deeper faith
- I cannot thank Donna Marie enough for this beautifully written book. Already I can see that this book is responsible for taking my faith to a deeper level. May our Lord continue to bless Donna Marie with inspiration and grace.
- A Devotional for All. What a gift.
- 52 weeks with St. Faustina is an inviting devotional to experience the Divine Mercy through the Diary of St. Faustina with beautiful application by Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle. I love that Donna-Mary incorporates St. Faustina's words of mercy (from Jesus), acts of mercy for us to offer, and prayers of mercy. The table of contents is thematic so that readers can flip to portions of the book that are pertinent to their particular experiences or struggles, or read cover to cover. Since there is no needed start date, readers can begin as soon as God beckons them. I have gifted this book to two of my neighbors already. It is wonderful.
- You won’t regret purchasing this book.
- I have many thoughts. Learning about the life of St Faustina and her encounters with Jesus is amazing. I find it fascinating that she was alive in the not so distant past. I always thought the Saints were from centuries ago. To know she is a Saint of our time is powerful to me. At the end of each chapter is a “ponder” and a “merciful” action. They are a great reminder on how we should live our lives.
- Walking with St. Faustina
- I have read many books by Donna Marie that enrich your prayer life and help you grow in your relationship with Jesus, this is no exception. This book is wonderful from the preface and throughout the book. It is very easy to read and the format is truly user friendly. What I especially enjoyed about this book is that it feels like Donna is sitting with me sharing the love she has for our Lord and how she has become even closer to him due to learning more about St. Faustina. For many years, I have tried to read the Diary from beginning to end, but have become overwhelmed. Donna Marie has changed that with this wonderful book. I encourage any one who wants to deepen their relationship with our Lord to pick up this book. It will truly change your life and enrich your spiritual life.
- Wow - a year with Saint Faustina and Divine Mercy. Fantastic!
- What a little treasure this book is! I am familiar with the story of St. Faustina and the message of Divine Mercy, but I can't wait to dive in a little deeper into this incredible devotion during the upcoming year. For each week, Donna-Marie has included quotes from the Diary of St. Faustina, stories from her life, meditations, suggested actions, and prayers. All of that is found in just a few pages per week - I plan on reading each week's section on Sunday and then praying and acting on what I've read during the following week. I really feel that this book is going to lead me on a wonderful spiritual pilgrimage in the upcoming year, which for me will be a year of Divine Mercy. I hope that many, many people will get their hands on this book!
- Perfect accompaniment to the Diary of St Faustina
This book is a must read! Donna-Marie Cooper O’Boyle draws upon the writings of St Faustina’s Diary and presents various aspects of this beloved pious saint ‘s Life in a way that is easy to read offering spiritual food for thought and practical tips on how to imitate St Faustina in our own daily lives.
Each chapter is only about 5-6 pages long with a short prayer at the end of the chapter to be recited daily. Each chapter focuses on a different theme or virtue which we need to cultivate in order to help us deepen our faith and confidence in Jesus.
This book is one of those gems which I describe as simple, yet profound and is a wonderful accompaniment to the Diary of St Faustina. This beautiful book is a must-have accompaniment to offer guidance in helping to understand and interpret the message of Divine Mercy as is written in the Diary of St Faustina.
I am excited to share this book as the perfect gift for my friends and family. I know they will love it!
- I feel so much closer to the message of Divine Mercy. It has brought me closer to Jesus and his messages. I find myself reading the diary more now because of Donna's book.
- Wonderfully written. Book helps you understand St. Faustina and her message from Jesus more clearly.
- Thank you Donna-Marie Cooper-O'Boyle for writing this wonderful book!
I am very excited to start my 52 week spiritual pilgrimage with St. Faustina Kowalska and the Divine Mercy message that our Lord entrusted to her.
The book is broken down into 4 parts: Ordinary Life, Merciful Life, Interior Life and Mystical Life.
I like how Donna-Marie Cooper O’Boyle writes in the Preface “ We are all so connected on this pilgrimage through life! We are blessed as Catholics to be part of the great Communion of Saints”.
I also like how Donna-Marie exhorts us to use this book as a form of ”spiritual exercise”. She writes, “The time and effort you put into your prayer exercises will result is a deeper and more intimate union with Jesus”.
I am ready to begin this 52 week spiritual pilgrimage, and by God’s grace will be led to a deeper and more intimate union with Jesus. Thank you Donna-Marie Cooper O’Boyle for writing this wonderful book!
This book would make a great Christmas gift for all of you loved ones.
- Expect To Be Changed!
- Jesus appeared to Saint Faustina throughout her life and asked her to write down His messages of Divine Mercy for the world. This book, 52 weeks with Saint Faustina, shows how the apostle of Divine Mercy lived and acted and prayed. “For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light“ comes to mind as I read through this powerful book. To think we hold in our hands a book written in such a manner that takes us out of our well-worn paths of thinking as we are enlightened by this great yet humble saint, St. Faustina. This book, no doubt, intends to take us where we are and show us how to climb the steps of holiness and leave nothing to chance as we are spoon fed little by little making what once attempted by our own efforts with difficulty now seem possible. The richness of this book will plumb the depths of our heart and we will have opportunities with suggested merciful actions. If only we can read and take the leap of faith inspired by this book we will never again be the same!
- Donna Marie again has given us a beautiful, inspiring book to use as a retreat and take to others.
- 52 Weeks with Saint Faustina is a very inspirational book. Donna adds beautiful prayers and things to ponder along with merciful things to do for the week.
- A wonderful work, certain to become a classic on Divine Mercy and Saint Faustina.
- Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle's book is lovely. It's a special book and gets right to the heart of the unique message Jesus entrusted to Saint Faustina. Each chapter contains special nuggets of information and allows the reader to follow the saint's life and her deep and loving relationship with Jesus. This book is certain to deepen the reader's relationship with Jesus, using the devotion to Divine Mercy. This is certain to be the classic work that defines Saint Faustina and how Jesus revealed Divine Mercy to humans. Mrs. Cooper O'Boyle writes in a simple, straight-forward manner that draws the reader into the subject.
- Simply Inspiring
- The next time you feel something stirring in your heart, think of Sr. Faustina. She let God lead her and never looked back. This 52 week reflection will add depth to your prayer life and peace to your soul. Donna-Marie Cooper Boyle's quick and easy style will help you kickstart your week with Mother Mary, leaning on the spiritual strength of Saint Faustina. You'll be anticipating the grace to come from the next week before it begins.
- Helps to develop a deeper friendship with Jesus
- This endearing book is a treasure. It brings the reader closer to intimacy with Jesus through His friend, St. Faustina. The closeness that blooms begins with the introduction to St Faustina by her given name: Helen. Immediately, there is a stronger bond as she is known and introduced by her birth name. Donna-Marie fosters the reader into a deeper relationship with the Saint who in turn draws one closer to Jesus, Himself! It is a beautiful book!
- Great book!
- What a great book! I love St. Faustina and have read parts of her diary, but have to admit that it can be a little intimidating. I love that Donna-Marie pulled out small, digestible excerpts that we can enjoy and reflect on. Each weekly reading is short enough to read fairly quickly, but still meaty enough to give something to think about and work on all week.
- It is as if you are right next to Saint Faustina
- This book allows me to feel as if I am with Saint Faustina,her struggles and her joys, and I’m walking with her, it draws me closer to God. The author’s questions at the end of each week help me to reflect and discern about my own life. Am I doing what I need to do or can I do more? How can I feel the closeness to God I so desire? How can I be more like Saint Faustina? I love how each chapter is for a week so I review each chapter for the week and ponder the questions daily. It helps me feel a greater connection to God! The author’s inspiration from such a Saint I knew little about before I began reading her book really shines through.
- Grow closer to Saint Faustina and help to live her message of Divine Mercy
- As soon as you open this book and start reading, it is very apparent that it was truly a work of heavenly inspiration. Donna-Marie has really outdone herself this time! If you already have a devotion to Saint Faustina and her message of Divine Mercy or are just getting acquainted with her, this is the perfect weekly meditation book for you. It would make a wonderful Christmas present for someone or as a gift for any time of the year because it does not follow dates but numbered weeks. I cannot wait to get started on the journey!
- Inspired labor of love
- What a beautifully written book by Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle! It definitely is a labor of love inspired by Jesus in the Divine Mercy and his messenger, Saint Faustina. Just reading, in the preface, the story of how this book came to be demonstrates for us, the readers, how trusting in Jesus can lead us all to places we never expected to reach. The book is very well designed to enable us to utilize its message in our daily lives with a very helpful section that describes how to use the book as a weekly guide. Each chapter starts with a verse perhaps from Saint Faustina, or from the Scriptures, or from Jesus' messages to Saint Faustina; then it goes into a deeper explanation of the learnings to be gleaned; with an aspect of Divine Mercy to ponder; then suggestions for works of mercy based on the weekly reading; and finishing with a prayer of mercy for each day of that week - all very inspirational. Donna-Marie, in the preface, notes that she started working on this book in late 2017. It is so beautifully written that it's amazing that so much could be accomplished by Donna-Marie in such a short time - truly a labor of love From Donna-Marie, Saint Faustina, and Our Lord for her readers learn from and put into practice!
- Donna -Marie Cooper O’Boyle has written a Classic, a spiritual gem.
- Donna-Marie Cooper O’ Boyle, has written a beautiful, mystical, classic masterpiece. As I read the book I could see St Faustina through out the book as if I was standing next to her in her convent cell or riding the train with her . It was as if she were in the room with me each morning during my meditation and prayer time. Numerous times I was brought to tears over our Lords deep love for us. This book has deepened my faith in Trusting our Lord. It has completely changed my prayer life into a deeper relationship with our Lord. How precious a gift our Lord has given to us in the gift of his endless mercy. I highly recommend this book to all those who are looking to deepen their relationship with the Lord, who want to get to know St Faustina. Who want to develope a deeper devotion in their own prayer life. To realise the gift of the Divine Mercy Chaplet and image. Who ever is blessed to read this treasure will most definitely find this book to be a treasure that was written in love!
- A Great book to buy for busy people, discussion groups and or for personal daily prayer time.
I knew this was going to be a special book as soon as I read the introduction. It includes the beautiful and providential story of how this book came to be, as well as practical helps for meditating on its content.
Written in short succinct chapters that could be read nightly at the family dinner table, or during one’s personal prayer time, every chapter includes interesting tidbits from the life of St Faustina. Wishing there were more books like this.
It is simple and easy to read, yet rich in the treasures of our faith so that anyone at every stage of the Spiritual life can feel enriched and edified by its reading. I look forward to buying this as a gift for people in my family this Christmas. I think it could also be used as a source for facilitators who may want to start a book study or discussion group for Divine Mercy.